Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Challenge: Eating One's Way Through 'Frisco

Every year San Francisco's 7 x 7 magazine posts a list of 100 Things to Try Before You Die. It's a collection of crave-worthy foodie experiences around the city. So I've formed a resolution (da-da-dah-dahh!!) to eat my way through the list.

What's that, you say? It can't be done before January when they're coming out with the next list, anyways? Well, if this is true, then all I have to say is that I intend to fail fat, happy, and trying. And if August seems to you an unseasonable time of year to be undertaking resolutions, I suggest you take a trip to San Francisco in the next two weeks to enjoy some stereotypically wintry fog (don't worry, I won't inflict you with the Mark Twain quote again.)

And so we begin. I checked off those entries I had already conquered: carnitas at La Taqueria, morning bun from Tartine, margherita from Pizzeria D, baby octopus at La Ciccia, salted caramel ice cream from Bi-Rite, dosa from, well, Dosa, a pint from the Monk's Kettle, sesame balls from Yank Sing (God bless them), crepes and cider from Ti Couz, Korean tacos from Namu, and fried chicken and waffles from Little Skillet. Which brings us to. . . 89 entries left to tackle.

Realization number one: apparently I only eat at restaurants in my immediate neighborhoods. We'll work on it.

2 comments:

  1. Becky! My boyfriend and I are visiting SF at the end of the month. Perhaps we can meet up and try a delicious spot from the 7x7 list?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!! Take a look and let me know if any of them catch your fancy. :)

    ReplyDelete