Monday, August 8, 2011

Conversations Overheard at Work

And now, we present to you a new segment titled Conversations Overheard at Work! Working on cookbooks is really fun. In addition to getting to look at pictures of cheese whenever you want to, people tend to have a lot of serious conversations which sometimes sound strange out of context. I've been compiling a collection of snippets which amused me. Hope you enjoy!


"We need to talk. They're really upset about the cornichons."

"No, they're not happy with that. We need less of a minty green. More of an arugula-y green."

[Publisher]: "Yeah, sandwiches are like a really big thing these days, right?"
[Editor 1]: "Sandwiches are like, really big right now. Like, huge."
[Editor 2]: "Seriously, you guys. Huge."

"I mean, seriously. People freaking know how to toast nuts."

"And then just write something about, you know, firesides, bacon. . . you know what I mean."

"I really need to talk to you about waffles."

"Oh my god you guys, we need to meet so I can tell you about this salad I had yesterday!"

[Discussing a current baking trend, so-called "cake pops."] "Are you serious? They mash up cake and frosting? That is absolutely disgusting. If any of my friends ever asked me to make that, I'd tell them where they can put a cake pop."

"So if you could just, say, draft a list of every food adjective you can think of, that would be perfect. Great. Thanks!"

"Ugh. I am so sick of reading soup recipes. It's like, put some vegetables in a pan. Saute them. Puree them. Don't puree them. Figure it out."

"Just add some freaking watercress and we'll call it a day."

"Ooh 'wooden spoon'! I love that. That's adorable."

"Actually, he felt really strongly about the Douglas fir tips."

"Well, you know me and kale."

"I mean, really? That's the third occurrence of dandelion greens."

"I think it would be really nice to have a friendly offal in there."


No comments:

Post a Comment